Proofpoint Engineering Organization has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Agile Program Manager with extensive experience in implementation of Agile and running Agile Programs & Projects across multiple technology organizations. We are looking for an expert on Agile development, testing technologies and practices, cognizant of the latest industry tools, developments, and practices. You must have the ability to broadly share and evangelize those developments inside the organization, understand the breadth, the depth, the constructive behaviors, and the erroneous behaviors teams experience when becoming Agile.
Ideal candidate will have broad expertise in engineering practices used in cross-functional Agile teams, including: various release planning techniques, story point estimation, integration of software engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, unit tests, TDD, CI etc.), and other techniques that enable teams to deliver high quality software products in an Agile framework. He/she will possess proven skills in leading Agile teams through an entire project lifecycle.
You must have hands-on experience using Agile processes, tools, and technologies to deliver real world software products, detailed understanding of Agile metrics and the ability to identify the key success measures for an Agile software product development team.
In this role you will partner with individual Agile development teams to improve their skills, execution, use of technology and tools, and drive overall improved results for Proofpoint. You will also own and manage plans for Proofpoint programs and projects, manage engineering roadmaps, drive the process and lead the project teams to develop and deliver cutting edge products, services & components. You will work closely with product managers, engineering managers & leads, the QA team and executive management.
- Agile Project Manager (or Scrum Master) on individual Agile projects as well as complex Agile Programs (Scrum of Scrums)
- Participating in leading cross-organizational Agile Practices team
- Developing, publishing and maintain Agile adoption metrics for teams
- Mentoring Scrum Masters, Product Owner and other individuals on Scrum Teams
- Supporting & coaching Scrum teams responsible for delivering product & software projects
- Managing open issues and work cross-functionally to determine remedies as necessary
- Working with Scrum teams to ensure quality of product releases
- Providing weekly status updates on all projects
- Communicating & managing priorities with development teams
- Acting as an advocate for internal customers & stakeholders throughout all stages of a project
- Dynamic, results-oriented, detail-driven Agile program manager with at least 5-8 years of agile software development program management experience.
- Thorough understanding of various Agile Methodologies from iteration-based to lean
- Extensive experience in Agile and enterprise implementation
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Software Development project life cycles, as well as advanced project management skills.
- Impeccable communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent facilitation skills, with ability to lead by serving.
- Has a stake in seeing the team succeed. Needs to have a low personal ego, but high pride in building team and high self-awareness.
- Expertise in developing detailed plans for complex programs involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience using VersionOne Agile Project Management platform and its implementation in enterprise environments is a plus
- A proven track record of leading teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects & programs simultaneously
- Familiarity with standard project management concepts, practices, and procedures, including experience with Enterprise Project & Portfolio Management
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment.
- Experience with building product from the ground up and knowing how to adapt process needs as a project and process matu res, is highly desirable.
Proofpoint - 18 months ago