The Business Strategy and Analytics group works across our sales, marketing, product and service teams to build frameworks, processes and metrics to solve key problems to help drive our business forward. The group focuses on incorporating customer-based analysis and analytical insight into our sales and marketing processes in an effort to improve our strategic and tactical approach to selling effectiveness. We work to understand and segment our clients across all retail distribution channels, and we use a sophisticated analytic structure to set up and evaluate sales and marketing campaigns and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Provide business intelligence and customer data stewardship for the sales, marketing, product and service teams
• Collect data from various internal and external sources to conduct statistical analysis
• Develop analysis and supporting presentation materials that effectively communicate results
• Ongoing analysis of our customer data to provide targeting and segmentation
• Work with business leadership to identify potential areas of analysis and strategic direction
• Ongoing measurement of the effectiveness of our distribution efforts
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None are required for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Undergraduate degree in business from an accredited university or college; degree in Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline is preferred
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
• 6+ years of analytical experience; Financial Services or Investment Management industry experience preferred
• Extensive experience with and strong understanding of relational databases
• CRM knowledge preferred
• Personal initiative
• Ability to communicate complex information and analysis in written and graphical form
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in order to work collaboratively across multiple business units
• Extensive background in MS SQL and MS Access/Excel
• Experience with SPSS, SAS or other statistical business intelligence tools is preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None are required for this position.
Nuveen Investments, Inc. (Nuveen Investments) is primarily engaged in asset management and related research, as well as the development,...