Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Sr. Analyst, Finance
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive financial management support to a specific customer set.
Specifically, this position will:
1. Accurately develop, maintain and discuss various financial reports with clients (monthly, quarterly and annually).
2. Provide financial analysis and explain results to clients (monthly, quarterly and annually). This includes both business and Finance leaders.
3. Assist client in forecasting financial and/or operational results to be used in planning, budgeting and decision making.
4. Ensure appropriate allocations/accounting for resources (maintain appropriate allocation definitions and accounting).
5. Develop and interpret complex modeling, with an understanding of core finance concepts such as NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.
6. Build relationships with assigned clients and provide requested financial support.
7. Provide effective financial support for client's identified business strategy.
8. In-depth understanding of the financial systems/processes for the business areas supported.
9. Improve processes related to achieving the above responsibilities.
10. Provide guidance to analysts and project teams.
11. Collaborate with the Finance organization to provide Accounting and Finance guidance to customers.
The above list is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting or Financial discipline.
2. 5+ years experience in a finance or accounting related position.
3. Proficient with Financial Reporting tools. Business Objects, SAP ' BPC and PeopleSoft experience preferred.
4. Proficient with Microsoft products, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
5. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with customers of varying backgrounds and business acumen.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated strong organizational skills; ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
8. Excellent ability to self-prioritize workload, as well as manage and communicate resource conflicts.
9. Demonstrated ability to analyze data or processes and propose solutions.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry and product lines.
11. General knowledge of finance/accounting principles.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Actuarial, Finance, Accounting
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: JMK20131902-50062
CUNA Mutual Group - 19 months ago