AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nations largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com.
This position is accountable for the creative development, and execution coordination, of customer market or program marketing campaigns as assigned. This role will also monitor campaign metrics and market penetration rates, formulate recommendations regarding marketing campaigns to improve results. Liaise with Operations, Call Center, IT, Regulatory and Legal as needed for project/campaign coordination and execution.
- Manage assigned campaign schedule as defined to execute on time
- Develop and implement mass-market marketing campaigns
- Balances technical skills with marketing agency experience and a general enthusiasm for relationship marketing, advertising, branding and communications
- Execute entry and expansion into new markets and new product and service offerings
- Execute marketing initiatives as assigned
- Implements Measurement Strategy/Analytics for reporting on campaigns
- Ensure campaign packages are on budget and produced correctly
- Identify appropriate customer target, develop data matrix
- Understands industry/market best practices and strives to incorporate them seamlessly in ongoing day-to-day execution
- Works with Customer Experience, Operations, IT, Regulatory and Legal areas to roll out integrated marketing campaign plan.
- Collaborate with Manager and Production to develop creative materials based on strategy brief
- Test new marketing initiatives to improve results
- Seek out areas for improvement in cost and process efficiencies
- Increase profitability and growth of Retail Services
Related Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree Marketing or related discipline
- 3-5 years of direct marketing experience on either agency or corporate side. Experience managing multiple campaigns in various phases of the production cycle. General understanding of print production process and response analysis needed.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Utility and/or insurance industry direct marketing experience. Industry category experience for relevant client categories: insurance, cable, telecommunications, healthcare
- Applicant may possess a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret response data and analysis
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles and launching campaigns on time and on budget
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities with minimal direction
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
- This position requires occasional travel (5-20% travel). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- This position occasionally requires prolonged standing or walking
- This position occasionally requires incumbent to reach above shoulder level
- The position occasionally requires incumbent to bend, kneel, crouch or crawl
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- The incumbent works in an office environment
AGL Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago