We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Analyst position within our Sarbanes Oxley department at our downtown Chicago, IL office.
- Perform SOX Section 404 and Internal Control responsibilities, including but not limited to: creating and revising COSO-based internal control frameworks; recommending and verifying implementation of control gap remediation plans; creating, executing, and documenting internal control test plans.
- Create and maintain internal control documentation; summarizing and presenting results to management and external auditors; assessing process design and assign various process improvement initiatives; and any other duties as may be necessary in order to be SOx Compliant.
- Incumbent interacts with own team members up to GM level, as well as various levels of management up to and including CEO/CFO levels in the execution of the IC and SOx duties.
- The scope of this position is expected to be primarily with ArcelorMittal USA, and based on experience and aptitude gained over time may include work on occasion with entities anywhere in the Americas and/or Europe. Incumbent therefore may also travel outside the USA to support ad hoc company needs and interact with colleagues of various nationalities.
- This is a professional position and on occasion may require work outside of normal hours and/or travel outside of normal business hours in order to meet short deadlines, or to accommodate internal control process owners' deadlines, and/or to maximize time on-site in remote locations.
- This is an experienced level position, and incumbents will be expected to be self-motivated to independently complete projects and assignments on time with little supervision.
- All other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Achievements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field
- Three to five years of internal/external audit or internal control testing experience
- One year of Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Approximately 30%-40% travel
- Experience with process flowcharting in Visio and in creating /maintaining internal controls policies, procedures, and narratives
- Experience using or auditing financial reporting applications
- Ability to speak French, Portuguese, or Spanish
ArcelorMittal - 11 months ago
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...