The company is the leading provider of multi-channel personalization for online retailers. Essentially, they figure out what each online shopper wants, based on stated preferences and past behavior, and then match their desires with clients products and their unique approach to merchandising. They deliver recommendations to clients website, through email, call centers, targeted display ads, and various other channels. Their clients are increasing average order value by 45%, improving conversion rates by 90%, and boosting overall online revenue 10-30%. in 2010 they doubled their client base to over 300 plus clients.
Startup ROLE: Sr. Analytics Engineer - Online Advertising Platform
Seeking the following startup savvy individual:
- Local SF bay area candidates only will be considered*
Sr. Analytics Engineer, a key member of our Analytics team in the Engineering organization responsible for developing the company's advanced technology in predictive modeling and large-scale data analytics. Your solutions will drive the effectiveness of our recommendation engine, enabling it to find the most relevant product recommendations for each consumer based on that consumer’s unique profile.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years industry experience providing mathematical solutions to business issues, preferably related to online product recommendations, web based personalization, behavioral ad networks, behavioral eMarketing
- Practical industry experience using multiple analytical methodologies including Bayesian methods, Neural Networks, Collaborative Filtering, and Cluster Analysis
- 4+ years experience developing high performance solutions in Java on Linux/Oracle
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive & Pig a big plus
- Working experience with large data sets on Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL
- Deep knowledge of relevant metrics for real-time systems
- Excellent understanding of data mining techniques on large sets of consumer behavioral and product data.
- Experience with Testing and Optimization desirable
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in team environment.
- High commitment to excellence, collaboration and team achievement
- Experience using statistical/mathematical tools such as Weka, SAS, R, Matlab to assist in data analytics and modeling