Senior Applications Developer - (WTX, EDI )
- Requisition #: 202948851
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: DF Alpharetta GIC-LMS & GIC CTS
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20G
- Job Code: 4331
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - Morris Road Location
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
This resource will be working as a WTX Support team member within GIC (Global Integration Center). WTX is the Translation/Gentran/EDI component of Supply Chain Solutions, primarily working with Translation/Gentran/EDI traffic between UPS and customers. Duties : 1. Provide support and assistance to Project Managers for Project and Change Control deployments. 2. Provide support and assistance for resolution of HDFS tickets on a timely bases. 3. Provide support and assistance for customers with WTX/Gentran/EDI connectivity issues within Supply Chain Solutions. 4. Provide the above support activities on a rotational schedule. 5. Provide the above support activities on an on-call bases (scheduled).
Performs System Analysis and Design
Designs and Develops Moderate to Highly Complex Applications
- Participates in defining and developing technical specifications to meet systems’ requirements.
- Analyzes and translates logical designs to create physical designs.
- Assesses detailed designs and documentation to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Defines interfaces among systems components to ensure interoperability.
Develops Application Documentation
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Reviews and understands specifications to achieve coding tasks.
- Reviews, analyzes, and refines requirements and specifications to ensure quality.
Produces Integration Builds
- Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Performs Maintenance and Support
- Defines and produces integration builds to create applications.
- Performs build processes to produce software and to prepare application for delivery.
- Produces integration test specifications to conduct tests, record failures, and conduct fault diagnoses.
Supports Emerging Technologies and Products
- Defines and administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
- Documents maintenance and support activities to ensure quality control.
- Performs business continuity and disaster recovery activities to ensure availability requirements are met.
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
- Determines relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
The desired Senior Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Primary Skill: UNIX Fundamentals
TCP/IP - Beginner
Java Beans - Beginner
UNIX Fundamentals - Intermediate
Linux System Administration - Beginner
UNIX Shell - Intermediate
WebSphere - Intermediate
MQ - Intermediate
Oracle - Intermediate
Solaris - Beginner
JMS - Beginner
LAN Administration - Beginner
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Support experience with WTX or EDI
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...