Senior Applications Developer
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
Performs System Analysis and Design
Designs and Develops Moderate to Highly Complex Applications
- Participates in defining and developing technical specifications to meet systems’ requirements.
- Analyzes and translates logical designs to create physical designs.
- Assesses detailed designs and documentation to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Defines interfaces among systems components to ensure interoperability.
Develops Application Documentation
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Reviews and understands specifications to achieve coding tasks.
- Reviews, analyzes, and refines requirements and specifications to ensure quality.
Produces Integration Builds
- Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Performs Maintenance and Support
- Defines and produces integration builds to create applications.
- Performs build processes to produce software and to prepare application for delivery.
- Produces integration test specifications to conduct tests, record failures, and conduct fault diagnoses.
Supports Emerging Technologies and Products
- Defines and administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
- Documents maintenance and support activities to ensure quality control.
- Performs business continuity and disaster recovery activities to ensure availability requirements are met.
Primary Skill: J2EE and Database Development
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
- Determines relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
SQL Server Admin - Advanced
SQL Language - Expert
SQL Programming - Expert
XML - Advanced
HTML - Expert
Java Server Pages - Advanced
Java Beans - Advanced
Java Servlets - Advanced
Web Development Technologies - Advanced
Internet Development Architecture & Design - Advanced
Object Oriented Analysis & Design - Advanced
Linux System Administration - Intermediate
MQ - Advanced
GUI Design - Intermediate
Java Programming - Advanced
EJB - Advanced
J2EE Development - Advanced
JMS - Advanced
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
Senior level experience developing and supporting large scale enterprise mission critical revenue generating applications with low tolerance of downtime. Experience working with Business Analysts, Architects and Infrastructure groups to development and maintain systems. Experience multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities and meeting project deadlines. Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
Candidate is willing to provide 24 hour support, work nights, early AM and weekends as necessary, work holiday week and weekends as necessary.
The desired Senior Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. Degree is preferred.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- 5-8+ years of Java/J2EE, Linux, Weblogic, and Internet Technology experience.
- 5-8+ years of database experience, writing stored procedures, defining tables, field types, indexes, can work with a DBA as needed, preferably with MS SQL.
- 5-8+ years of experience developing, deploying and supporting applications and databases to multiple servers in multiple data centers.
- have solid experience using Linux, SSDT, SSRS and SSIS.
- Willing to provide 24 hour support, work weekends and early AM hours as necessary, work holiday week and weekends as necessary to support the business.
UPS - 8 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...