Posting Title Sr. Architect, SaaS Production About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why Work for Our Division VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China. Job Description Act as a SaaS Production architect in the Software as a Service (SaaS) Operations group, VMware Management Business Unit (MBU).
Lead the technical build of the vCenter Operations (vCOps) SaaS offering, including architecture blue print, initial setup, monitoring, applying product updates/upgrades and service implementation changes based on a phased approach.
Develop processes to provide the software as a service, closing the potential gaps between the software and the service requirements. Successfully resolving escalated issues for incoming operation service requests (tier between the service delivery tier and R&D). Support pre-sales, post-sales or service delivery and solve various business systems and applications problems, on standard, specialized or complex systems.
Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
Provide high-level support on sales campaigns, project management, training and new services or technology development. Give input to operational methods and programs that may affect the business management strategy in a geographic area.
Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Develop processes to provide software as a service, closing the potential gaps between the software and the service requirements.
As the Software As A Service business runs 24 by 7, the role requires availability (weekday-at work, evenings and weekend-phone availability for service\system related incidents).
- Very strong technical skills and solutions architect abilities at the VMware Iaas/CIM layer (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud Director, vcOps and Hyperic)
- 3+ years experience as system administrator both Linux and Windows
- Solid understanding of system performance and monitoring (Nagios, Hyperic)
- Experience working as a part of a team environment.
- Demonstrate potential skills in project management, priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, multitask, controlling and presentation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 41443BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 14 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...