NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 320 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network.
Selected by Interiors & Sources magazine as one of the five “Great Places to Work” and ranked among the “Top Giants” by Interior Design magazine, NELSON is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, NELSON is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
NELSON is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to work in San Francisco, CA. The Sr. Project Manager will manage multiple projects of varying size and scope in a specific service delivery market and advance the opportunities for continued growth in market share and profitability in a specific service area. Expand NELSON’s current Architecture engagements and encourage the expansion of other services offered by NELSON. In addition to expansion within NELSON’s current client base, they will identify new clients, support the marketing efforts required to win them and develop an effective and profitable Architecture Services team to fully support the opportunities within these accounts.
- Manage projects and project teams to ensure successful fee, schedule, and budget management.
- Develop fee proposals and project schedules in response to RFP’s and other opportunities.
- Develop and execute contracts between NELSON and its outside consultants and clients for services.
- Develop and communicate expectations on each project for achieving client satisfaction and holding the project team accountable for attaining them.
- Develop and monitor schedules and budgets to attain NELSON profitability targets.
- Ensure, in concert with the Managing Director, that design reviews occur at the designated stages of projects.
- Enhance the work and careers of NELSON teammates through continuous training, support and mentoring.
- Support the strategic business goals and expectations as communicated by the Senior Managing Director and NELSON’s upper management team.
- Support the efforts of NELSON Marketing and the Business Developer for the Region through participation in client development, marketing activities, and contributions to the Global Business Development Report.
- Support the efforts of Accounting through the development of accurate project set-up documentation, reviews and approvals of consultant and client invoices, monitoring of outstanding invoices and support in collections as needed to drive profitability.
- Support the efforts of the Local Market Manager through the effective review and management of Teammate’s weekly time entries in Vision, and provide 360° feedback on the development of Teammate TDPs upon request.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and minimum of 15 years’ experience in Architecture profession with at least 10 years of project management experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications including PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of fee, project schedule and project budget development and management; proposal and resource plan development; coordination and management of the project team; understanding and ability to communicate roles and responsibilities and mentor teammates
- Experience with AutoCAD software, Revit experience highly desired.
- Experience with ADA projects a plus.
- Experience with corporate, financial and/or retail projects.
- Architectural License in the state of CA is a plus. LEED AP accreditation preferred.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.