Sr. Art Director (Conill)
The Senior Art Director is passionate about creating fully integrated campaigns. They are always looking for ways to connect offline-to-online, and vice versa. A client doesn’t always know the best way to solve a problem. So we need people who understand how to translate the business problem into strong solutions. The Senior Art Director must be confident in his/her conceptual and interactive/interface design skills, with the ability to determine the difference between presentation and reality. It is important we continue delivering award-winning creative for our clients. We need a team player who can consistently develop high quality design and innovative concepts. Above all, we are looking for a creative thinker who is passionate about advertising and great design. At Conill we work hard, have fun and most of all, have the desire to be doing great work.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, competency is evaluated based on body of work.
- Develops unique, award-winning communications for each client.
- Delivers high-quality work and achieves business goals.
- Oversees the production throughout the entire process of specific creative ideas for various applications including print, broadcast,
interactive, radio and other relevant media.
- Contributes to new business pitches, and makes client presentations
- Stays current with regard to client’s business and product information.
- Conceptualizes, brainstorms, imagines, and develops creative ideas and executions for television, print, outdoor and any other new media opportunities.
- Approves executions throughout production process
- Prepares all comps and approved files for production.
- Work with designers and producers to carry out multiple projects, and oversee the work of directors, photographers and illustrators on these projects.
- Stays abreast of latest marketing trends and tools to stay current with the industry trends.
- Responsible for creating work presented to client; i.e. ideas and executions
- Manages projects for more prestigious clients and brands that require greater artistic direction
Measure of Accountability
· Position will also be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
· Design Creativity
- Demonstrates awareness of aesthetic qualities
- Communicates and interprets ideas in physical form
- Experiments with form and function
· Interpersonal Skills
- Socially capable - interacts confidently, reads the situation
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions
- Responds effectively to changing constraints
- Adapts own behavior to suit the situation
- Understands the drivers of change and anticipates the implications of changing political and practical circumstances
· Achievement Orientation
- Demonstrates motivation, drive to meet and exceed expectations and own standards
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Group Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Group policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must possess a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
· Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
· Demonstrable experience in generating ideas at an award-winning level.
· Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred but not required.
· Portfolio or reel must display the ability to do work that appeals to diverse audiences and a range of clients, and must be verifiable.
· Collection of work should include evidence of ability to create strong conceptual ideas in a wide variety of media.
· Collection of work must include fully integrated campaigns.
· Additional desired skills but not required: Information Architecture, Oral Presentation, Animation, Motion Graphics, Technical Knowledge, Action Script 2.0/3.0, CSS, App Development, Illustration, and Video Production/Editing.
Long hours are often necessary; including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.
Team One - 15 months ago
Saatchi & Saatchi
El Segundo, CA
- 18 days ago