Sr. Asset Maintenance Engineer
Strategy & Tactics
An Asset Maintenance Engineer - Strategy & Tactics Development provides a practical,
detailed and strategic understanding of multiple maintenance regimes utilized for physical
assets and equipment commonly found in production related environments. They are able
to effectively and efficiently develop and analyse asset/equipment maintenance strategies
and tactics in alignment with the operating performance criteria and reliability requirements
for safety and production critical and non-critical equipment. The Asset Maintenance
Engineer - Strategy & Tactics Development is able to communicate the technical
requirements of maintenance and reliability activities into clear and concise documented
procedures and written instructions.
Senior Asset Maintenance Engineer
Strategy & Tactics Development
Project Team Leader
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Asset Maintenance Engineer - Strategy & Tactics Development provides technical
guidance for maintenance and reliability data by evaluating current and historical SAP data
and ensuring compliance with the best reliability practices. It is the responsibility of the
Asset Maintenance Engineer - Strategy & Tactics Development to utilise equipment
operating data for improvement of the maintenance program. The Asset Maintenance
Engineer evaluates plant and equipment unscheduled downtime magnitude and
incorporates strategies and tactics to identify failure modes, causes and recommended
rectification actions, corrective maintenance, condition monitoring, replacement or other
reliability related work instructions. Asset Maintenance Engineer has the responsibility to
identify opportunities for reliability enhancement. He or she must link the plant's high-level
performance picture to maintenance and equipment performance. The Asset Maintenance
Engineer also promotes and upholds the integration of maintenance and reliability program.
Primary Role Objectives
• Improve quality and consistency of existing Work Instruction or Task List documents for
maintenance program through application of best practice asset maintenance techniques.
• Develop new Work Instruction or Task Lists for Functional Locations and Equipment using
RCM and FMEA principles.
• Provide a breadth of experience in the definition and delivery of maintenance strategy and
tactics to maximise asset and equipment availability.
Task Elements of the Role:
Delivery of Asset
• Ensuring strict compliance with the relevant Transfield Services
processes and procedures in the execution of Service delivery.
• Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
• Developing plant asset care policies for the area;
• Creating measuring performance mechanisms in consultation with
the Area Manager and sharing best practice across the site.
• Reviewing and improving PM strategies for the department in
conjunction with Reliability Engineer.
• Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation,
maintenance, repair and replacement or commissioning guidelines.
• Provision of continuous improvement strategies for department plant
• Provision of technical and specialist engineering support to the Area
• Development of PM support components based on an agreed
strategic assessment of improvement opportunity and the potential
benefit to the operation
Health, Safety and
• Following the Job Safety Management and/or Hazard Assessment
process (JSM/JHA) in the planning and execution of work.
• Reviewing, amending and developing Task List and Maintenance
Plans as necessary to ensure compliance with Transfield Services and
the client safety and environmental systems, standards and legislative
• Ensuring plans and work are appropriate for the tasks identified.
• Ensuring identifiable hazards and mitigations are included as part of
the work order creation and planning process.
• Contributing to the safety targets.
• Participation in safety programmes and initiatives.
• Conducting and participation in the application of reliability
improvement methodologies where required.
• Actively participating in learning and development activities to
maintain and enhance skill levels, and sharing information with or
coaching others to enhance their learning.
• Complying with anti-discrimination / equal employment opportunity /
harassment legislation and policies.
• Interacting on a technical level with client representatives from the
Asset Management, Reliability, Planning, Engineering and Projects,
Safety or Supply departments.
• Developing and maintaining an excellent and effective relationship
with the customer.
• Developing industry-specific knowledge to assist in the fostering of a
two-way working relationship with the client.
• Carrying out any other duties that can reasonably be requested from
time to time within the framework of this position, and the skills,
training and experience of the incumbent.
• Is a proven deliverer of role requirements.
• Has demonstrated experience in asset management and
reliability based engineering techniques.
• Has actively participated in the hands on maintenance of
some or all of the following; rotating equipment, pressure
vessels, energised equipment, conveying systems, furnaces,
air handling and gas extraction systems, instrumentation and
control systems, corrosion management etc.
• Has a proven can do attitude in their approach to problem
• Demonstrated reliability based project management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Has multiple years experience in process industry and
working knowledge of major equipment typically or similarly
found within a non-ferrous metal smelter operation
• Proven experience in reliability improvement methodologies
e.g. RCA, RCM, FMEA, PMO, Spares Optimisation etc
• Proven understanding and experience in the modelling and
delivery of asset strategy.
• Degree qualifications in engineering.
• Desirable trades qualifications and experience.
• A good understanding of varied maintenance models
particularly a preventative and predictive maintenance
approach and constraint based maintenance and the benefits
and risks/rewards of each.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated project estimation skills.
• Demonstrated risk analysis skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Must have fluent written and verbal English skills
• Familiarity with and demonstrated adherence to the Health
and Safety practices of the industry and Transfield Services
• Demonstrated commitment to continuously up-date
necessary skills and knowledge as required for this role
• Proficient in the use of all MS Office programs including
(Word, Excel, Project).
• Operating knowledge of Computerised Maintenance
Management Systems – SAP
• The incumbent must be physically fit and capable of
performing the tasks as defined including the ability to carry
out regular site visits, data collection activities and
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...