In an effort to capitalize on Koch’s unique position for future growth, Koch Equity Development, LLC (KED) provides investment origination, valuation, and execution for new investment platforms. Additionally, KED supports various Koch businesses with merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions and specific business reviews.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
- Financial modeling and analysis with a focus on the valuation of both public and private companies
- Preparing presentations on potential transactions and investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, return profile, potential synergies, risks, etc.
- Performing industry research and competitive analysis related to potential acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assuming responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role.
- 2+ years of experience in either business development, private equity, investment banking, equity research, or management consulting
- Firm grasp of finance and accounting fundamentals, and business valuation modeling
- Experience performing fundamental industry analysis (for example: value chain analysis, regional and global supply/ demand balance and trade flows, and assessment of historical and future price setting mechanisms)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members, Koch portfolio businesses and financial institutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage projects with limited guidance
- Capable to both participate in and lead conversations with senior management figures
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous exposure or active participation in investment origination
- Experience with financial tools such as Capital IQ or Bloomberg
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or engineering
- MBA or Masters with concentration in finance (not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to Forbes magazine. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining and chemicals; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures.
Koch Industries, Inc.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Koch Industries, Inc. - 5 months ago