The Senior Associate maintains and supports all desktops, laptops and servers. The Senior Associate analyst will support the "Service Desk" and solve any issues that arise. The position supports Rhodes Pharmaceutical's applications, Microsoft Windows Operating systems, and any software related to the pharmaceutical industry activities. This position provides user support for software; hardware and network related problems as well as support for voice communications (Desk Phones, Mobile Phones and Radios). The Senior Associate also serves as administrator for all local Rhodes Pharmaceutical Servers as well as Laboratory Systems. This position also requires effective communication to all customers. The Senior Associate must have a clear understanding of cGMP and FDA guidelines and requirements and know when they are applicable. The Senior Associate will support the activities of Rhodes Pharmaceuticals as deemed necessary by management.
1. Support the IT systems and provide oversight of technology services activities in support of Rhodes Pharmaceutical's business operations.
2. Responsible for determining hardware requirements and configuration to enhance existing systems and implement new systems. To include building, upgrading, maintaining and administering workstation, laptops and servers, performing user account maintenance and administering network resource rights and permissions.
3. Responsible for the creation and execution of various validation documentation and protocols for system testing, change control, etc.
4. Responsible for the configuration and execution of the data backup/recovery system to preserve integrity of records and data.
5. Responsible for monitoring patch management on system servers in order to guard against external threats.
6. Responsible for handling all IT related moves, adds, changes and disposals.
7. PC setup and configuration: Setup and configures PC for new hires also provide initial training on access to the network and use of applications.
8. Local Tape Backups: Perform tape backups of local servers. Monitor backup schedule on a daily basis to ensure data capture occurs. Follow procedures and policies in relation to data backups. Communicate tape backup issues if they arise.
9. Performs other related assignments and duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor degree or higher in a technical/scientific field is required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Individual should have a keen understanding of TCP/IP protocols and their configuration and be efficient in troubleshooting connectivity errors.
- Must understand server and network redundancy concepts, configuration options and implementation of data backups and restores and record retention.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR, cGMP requirements, and adherence to SOPs and guidelines in a validated environment.
- The Senior Associate must have an understanding of System Development Life Cycle concepts and protocols as well as validation strategies and techniques.
- Should be able to work well independently as well as on a team.
- Demonstrate good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.Brief Description/Overview:
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.