Apply laboratory techniques and skills to assist in experimental design and execution in support of creating new genetically modified animal models. Responsible for growing and manipulating ES cell cultures, producing and maintaining primary mammalian cell and tissue cultures, isolating and purifying plasmid and BAC DNA, conducting expressions analysis assays based on Southern Blot, qRT-PCR, ELISA and Western Blot techniques Detailed Description · Isolate, purify and prepare for pronuclear injections plasmid and BAC DNA from bacterial cultures.
Job Requirements Master's degree (M. A.) or technical/managerial experience at an equivalent level. Degree in related field is desired (animal sciences, biology, etc.).
- Conduct routine maintenance and culturing of mouse ES cells and mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFS).
- Prepare ES cell clones for injections in blastocysts.
- Prepare MEFs from mouse embryos.
- Conducts diagnostic and expression analysis assays based on Southern Blot, qRT-PCR, ELISA and Western Blot techniques.
- Perform transfection experiments in ES cells, which include electroporation of ES cells with targeting vectors, maintaining (and selection – if applicable) of colonies, picking of individual colonies, expanding them to an appropriate scale, freezing of the injection and DNA plate sets.
- Maintain lab records, log books and databases.
- Analyze experimental data and interprets results to write reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure timely calibration with GLP regulations.
- Order supplies and reagents and conduct house-keeping of the lab facility.
Experience in a wide range of principles and methodology of a specialized professional or technical field. Experience in developing and leading projects. May Require previous supervisory experience. 4-8 years of relevant experience and/or training.
1. Tissue culture (ES culture preferred)
2. Molecular biolog
We are Taconic, a life sciences company supporting research to find life-saving cures for disease. Major drug companies, leading universities and government agencies depend on us for high quality products and services that are essential to the drug discovery process.
If you are motivated by new opportunities and seek a stimulating and rewarding career, we invite you to join our diverse team of talented professionals who are dedicated to finding smart solutions to improve human health.
We offer opportunities for career advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including major medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition assistance, 401(k) profit sharing plans, and more!
Taconic – Your Career for the Future