This position assists the Legal Department and works in cooperation with Company management, providing general and specialized legal advice and services to Company personnel handling finance and treasury issues, real estate matters and business development.
- Provides legal support related to financial and treasury matters, including such matters as, Dodd-Frank and other compliance matters, risk management, debt offerings, credit facility agreements, hedging documents, banking agreements and related public filings; real estate transactions; and business development;
- Conducts routine and non-routine legal research and analysis;
- Prepares, reviews and interprets routine and non-routine legal documents;
- Manages litigation and claims;
- Where appropriate, represents the Company before courts and agencies;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Legal Department management;
- Manage external counsel;
- May provide leadership guidance to junior level attorneys;
- May provide leadership or represent the Company in industry or community affairs;
- Represents the Company before courts and agencies.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and minimum six years of legal experience relevant to Company''s business operations.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of residence and must be in good standing.
- Experience in finance matters required, and real estate and business development matters preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle substantial work volume.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Responsible for the legal risk assessment applicable to any particular situation and the content of final forms of legal documentation.
Normal office environment; domestic and international travel may be necessary.
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.