Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has
grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the
world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and
manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive,
computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of
facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design,
build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
Create automation solutions that meet Flextronics
universal and site specific automation goals.
customers and Flextronics alike in early involvement and
- Develop Design for Automation guideline to aid
design product suitable for automation.
flexible and scalable automation solutions.
- Provide technical guidance in the definition of
- Develop tools and methods to facilitate automation
design teams to provide site specific automation needs.
- Interface with customers and internal and external
determine need for automation.
- Analyze all aspects of manufacturing process and
all phases of the Project Life Cycle.
- Prepare Request For Proposal for automation and support
stakeholders during the entire project from concept to
- Take leadership in communication with all projects
feasibility and from fabrication and test to production.
buy-off, and acceptance.
- Create documents for project phases: SOW, test plans,
engineering resources in automation.
- Responsible for the training of regional and site
- Support continuous improvement of existing automation
- Support customer automation needs at NPI and Product
total automation system for specific processes.
- Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of
- Be an automation advisor to regional engineering teams
innovative automation solutions to customers.
- Collaborate with various automation experts to deliver
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
requirement and drive deliverables to commitment through
- Able to Define, Develop and Deploy Automation.
- Able to analyze and determine the automation
global network of vendors and internal resources
customer inputs, presenting Flextronics capabilities,
- Attend customer meeting and discussions. Getting
and LMHV assembly processes.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in both HMLV
vision, material handling, ASRS, Conveyors, PLC, SCADA,
- Knowledge of automation systems and tools - robotic,
screws/fasteners, HMI, Pick-Place-Pack, Inspection/Test
(Structural and Non-Contact e.g. Laser), Application of
lasers e.g. Etching/Marking, Dispense process,
Machining, Mechanicals (Soft Tooling, Hard tooling,
based industry, where a mix of automated and manual
- 6 to 10 years of related experience in a technology
assembly techniques is utilized.
or Controls Prefer MS. Expert in more than one area of
- BS/ MS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Cell Concept and Lean Manufacturing and Simulation tools
- Experience with analytical software such as Minitab
- Knowledge of Layout, Tooling/Fixturing, Demand Flow,
- Strong communicator.
- Lead Teams at a global level.
- Experience with integrating 3rd party automation
- Able to work in a fast-changing dynamic environments
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
Flextronics - 14 months ago
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider...