Founded in 1996, Millennium has focused relentlessly on perfecting the recruitment of technology professionals for complex business and governmental projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ organizational culture, combined with the human intelligence to identify the most impactful talent. Currently, we are looking for a permanent Senior Software Engineer (Back-End) for our direct client in Massachusetts.
We are seeking a talented Engineer to build, enhance, scale and optimize our client’s back-end projects. This person is a key part of the team that delivers their core product: Data. This role is a blend of technology and data. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for data, extensive development experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly. Excellence in communication and organization is necessary and the ability to take ownership of projects is the key.
The Senior Software Engineer creates and maintains the systems that directly affect the client’s data. This includes development related to (but is not necessarily limited to) the following:
· Acquisition, processing, and distribution of both core and meta-data
· Optimization processing large data sets
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
· MySQL - Database development expertise including performance optimization knowledge\
· Expertise in one or more of the following languages for complex non-web processing tasks: Python , Java, C++
· ETL - Experience importing, matching, cleaning, scrubbing large data sets ? . Object Oriented Development / CS Background - Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts to everything they do. Formal CS background or experience preferred
· Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and not be shy about asking questions
· SCRUM - Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· ETL Tools - Experience working with either open source or commercially available ETL tools
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Best regards, MC Recruiting