Complete Genomics is expanding its group of bioinformatics scientists to assist the development and application of methods and tools for complete genome sequence analysis. The Senior Bioinformatics Analyst will play a key role in the continued development of Complete Genomics’ whole genome sequencing service by characterizing the results generated on behalf of customers and ensuring that downstream analyses are useful, targeted, and correct.
- PhD plus a few years of experience or MS plus 5 years of industry experience. Strong knowledge of bioinformatics fundamentals.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and annotating very large genomic data sets, both in exploratory and pipelined fashions.
- Software skills appropriate for the bioinformatics analyses including experience in scripting (Perl/Python, SQL) and programming with at least one of the following languages (C, C++, C#, Java).
- Strong statistical analysis and visualization skills (R/SAS, etc.).
- Experience collaborating with software engineers in specifying and validating tools useful for bioinformatics analyses.
- Experience QCing and troubleshooting automated analyses and annotations of sequencing data.
- Previous experience with DNA sequence, variation, and annotation databases. (dbSNP, refSeq, CCDS, UCSC, Ensembl, GO, etc.).
- Data analysis experience of previous and next-generation DNA sequencing and genotyping technologies. Experience with and opinions about what will make customers successful in using NGS data.
- Advanced degree in CS, statistics, or bioinformatics (or biology or genetics, along with a very strong analytical background.) Commensurate experience accepted for exceptional candidates.
- Industry experience and a good fit to the culture of a venture-backed startup company.
- Superior cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...