The Office of Building Services is seeking Sr. Building Maintenance Workers to clean and maintain offices, buildings, furniture, and fixtures in assigned facilities, and to perform other related duties as required, including performing snow removal activities. These are full-time positions that will require working weekends and overtime shifts. Available shifts below:
Wednesday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Wednesday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am a?? 4:00 pm
Please indicate your preferred shift when you apply. We cannot necessarily honor all requests and flexibility is required for all positions.
Responsibilities include working independently or as part of a larger team to provide cleaning services in various buildings, including, but not limited to:
- dusting, waxing, polishing, sweeping, mopping, and, disinfecting
- collecting and disposing of trash
- arranging furniture
- performs snow removal activities
- responsible for following posted job matrix that identifies daily duties and task frequencies
- One (1) year of experience in work involving he inspection, cleaning and maintenance of furniture, fixtures, offices and buildings.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be on feet all day.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license in good standing issued by state of residence if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
This position is a New Jersey Civil Service position with the state title Sr. Building Maintenance Worker. It is aligned with the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers (IFPTE) bargaining unit The starting salary for this position is Range C08, Step 1, $28,375.38. Permanent appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a 4-month probationary period to access the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Relevant experience within the last 5 years and preferably in an institutional setting (e. g. college, hospital, etc.).
The College offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and prescription plans as well as pension, paid leave time and tuition savings programs.
Under a new residency bill signed into law by Governor Chris Christie, any individual hired on, or after September 1, 2011, will be required to establish a principal residence in New Jersey unless their position is exempt. New employees will have a full 365 days to establish such residence, from the effective date of hire. Any new employee who believes that they have a critical need to live outside of New Jersey, or that a move to a permanent residence within the state would constitute a hardship, may request an exemption from the provisions of the law by appealing to a five-member committee to be established by the State for the purpose of hearing such appeals.
To be considered for this position, please forward a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three (3) professional references to: email@example.com by December 5, 2013. Resumes received after that date will only be considered if a suitable applicant has not been identified. Previous applicants need not reapply. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and employer funded physical.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The College of New Jersey, a primarily undergraduate institution, provides academically prepared students with a challenging education and a...