The Sr. Business Analyst is the interface between the business areas and information technology, facilitating the alignment of business process design with business strategies and business applications. The Sr. Business Analyst will lead a wide range of Roadmap projects and translate business requirements into integration system solution. Collaborate with globally distributed business users and development teams to provide analysis and recommendations for robust & scalable solutions. Additionally, he/she will have strong knowledge of the tools and techniques required to elicit, analyze, document, validate, and manage business requirements; information technology systems and principles; as well as exceptional written and communications skills. An ability to work well in a team environment; as well as being self-motivated is critical in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates and leads cross functional team of business owners, product management, software development, system architects, SQA and other key stakeholders to translate business requirements into effective systems solution.
- Quickly understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, systems capabilities, and presents solution options.
- Evaluate business processes/systems and lead solution definition (workflow, technology, data, etc.) to support business goals and initiatives.
- Manage changes to the solution requirements, assessing the impact of requirement changes, and ensuring appropriate approval of those changes.
- Manage solution requirement communication, ensuring that stakeholders have a shared understanding of the requirements.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify project objectives, scope, dependencies and risks for projects.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing, to ensure solution provided meets the business acceptance.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity within the context of the overall business strategy.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Skilled in Software and Project Development Life Cycle
- Expertise in process mapping and modeling
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate and bring together medium/large sized cross-functional teams with different viewpoints during brainstorming discussions
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, and Documentation
- Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Technology Solution Assessment and Validation
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities, consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Highly driven, result and commitment oriented
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, related field, or equivalent experience required
- Masters Degree in fields listed above strongly preferred
- 5+ years of systems analysis and solutions required
- 3+ years experience in requirements analysis required
- 3+ years experience working with financial and/or Manufacturing systems preferred
- 3+ years of software development preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...