The Senior Business Analyst will act as the business group / IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition and design activities; maintains an understanding of business processes and related systems for supported business units; participates in management of customer expectations, collaborates with business partners to define and document business and functional requirements and works with technical staff to develop solution alternatives.
The Senior Business Analyst also participates in the project management process; contributes to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, risk, resource and financial plans; communicates status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties.
• Conducts and oversees requirements gathering, functional analysis, design activities related to legal, financial and business systems
• Central knowledge source for HP Autonomy, Microsoft SharePoint and similar/related content management systems
• Provide Autonomy/SharePoint application integration knowledge among the various business applications (ex. Outlook, Internet Explorer, internal applications, etc.).
• Ongoing business process standardization and re-engineering
• Implement features and business processes identified during the requirements gathering process as the Lead SME (subject matter expert)
• Evaluates business requirements for applications and systems integration
• Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
• Leads the development of business group requirements, test schedules, testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Escalates potential risks and issues of importance.
• Solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate stages in a project.
• Provides detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement.
• Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understands the functions constraints imposed by current systems.
• Can communicate and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
• Performs detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements.
• Provides UI mock-ups. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
• Provides user documentation for system.
• Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Requires 7+ years of IT Business Analysis and Project Management experience.
• Requires 5+ years of Legal/Business Document, Records and Content Management experience
• Legal systems implementation experience required
• Experience implementing Autonomy and Microsoft SharePoint is required
• Experience in the design, development and deployment of Experience Management Solutions, Autonomy/ SharePoint Document Management Solutions, eDiscovery and Matter Centric Deployments
• Strong technology, business and legal acumen.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
• Very strong relationship building skills
• Innovative thinking and vision
• Requires ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
• Requires ability to apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis / solution generation process
• Requires ability to deliver results on time and within budget
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including: project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
• Documented experience with developing methodologies and processes related to Business Analysis and Project Management.
• Undergraduate degree
• Master’s degree.
• Paralegal education, certification and/or experience.
• Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst Certification
Minimum Education Level
CBS Corporation - 12 months ago