Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Office of the Chief Information Officer in support of the agency’s Information Business Transformation Initiatives. Duties will include but are not limited to facilitation, analysis and documentation The candidate will elicit business process and functional requirements from government subject matter experts and work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team. Utilize strong analytical skills to review existing IT asset inventory and costs to provide new investment decision-support capabilities to manage IT transformation from a quantifiable and visual perspective.
• Effectively communicate with various levels within all departments of the organization and facilitate meetings with a business and a technical audience
• Structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, achieve synergy, and achieve desired outcomes
• Ability to compile outputs of working sessions and make recommendations based upon information captured
• Perform gap analysis and develop transition and sequencing plans to guide modernization initiatives from current state to target state
• Help establish business performance metrics and measures to ensure modernization efforts support key business objectives
• Elicit and document business requirements
• Define and document business processes using standard methodologies and tools.
• Fluency in modern-day IT management concepts, including strategic planning, enterprise architecture, capital planning, business intelligence, and IT portfolio management
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Business process and technical writing experience
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in complex environments
• Experience supporting the Federal government or DoD.
• Experience with translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions
• A solid understanding of how business requirements relate to IT requirements
• Enterprise Architecture Experience
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.