There is no Snoozing on the job here! Recently voted as a top workplace on the National Top Workplaces list, Mattress Firm is a company that is passionate about improving lives one night at a time! We have been busy growing from one store founded in 1986 to now over 1,400 locations and the country’s largest and only publicly traded Specialty Bedding Retailer!
To help with our growth we are currently looking for a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join our growing team! The Sr. Business Analyst is a specialized position responsible for leading efforts in the areas of Financial and Operational Master Data process related to identifying and implementing master data best practices, driving implementation of tools to improve data management and governance, and ensuring that master data structures support operational reporting and management requirements. The role also assists in developing data-based tools and models to analyze key business drivers supporting the forecasting and budgeting process. The ideal candidate is a data expert; designs and documents work flows, manages and provides solutions, and understands trends and concepts. The Sr. Analyst is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Define the vision for Master Data Management (MDM). Articulate and help demonstrate the business value of MDM to management. Establish roles and responsibilities for managing Master Data.
• Review and classify inventory of data across the company, and identify core master data and associated hierarchies and events. Maintain master Data Dictionary.
• Review data flow and usage of Master Data to identify risks due to poor data quality. Work with the business to address risks by defining and implementing robust business processes to manage complete lifecycle of Master Data. Design and create metric driven business performance reporting and develop tools to automate reports to empower business partners.
• Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for Master Data quality, coverage, adoption and timeliness.
• Act as an interface/consultant between business partners, technology and support teams including but not limited to, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Loss Prevention, IT, Operations.
• Support strategic focus of company by providing easier access to better data and analytics.
• Complete other projects and special assignments as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
• Master Data Management Experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong Mathematical Aptitude
• Effective at building cross functional relationships
• Project Management
• Exceptional Communicator (written and verbal)
• Innovator and Multi-tasker
• Motivated and Detail Oriented
• 5+ years Business Experience
• 5+ years of Data Analysis and Reporting
• 2+ years in Retail
• Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Business or related field required
• Graduate degree preferred
If you feel you are up for the challenge and want to join one of the top work places where you can have passion and be happy, please apply below!
Mattress Firm - 30+ days ago
Mattress Firm currently operates over 1100 locations across the country with plans to continue to grow. What began with one store in 1986...