The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst is an important piece of the Business Intelligence team at Machine Zone and will support our VP of Business. You should be a sharp, disciplined, and highly analytical individual who has a passion for mobile gaming and loves digging into data to figure out the who, what, where, and when in our games and on our platform in order to drive retention, monetization, and ultimately the LTV of our games and players. You will be responsible for getting more people to play our games more often, over longer periods of time, and spend more money. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
- Accountable for retention and monetization learning and analysis based on game data – success is measured by % monetizing, retention, time spent in the game, and ultimately LTV
- Collaborate with data warehouse engineers on what data is delivered and how to ensure timely access to the right information to impact LTV
- Assist the VP of Business Development and the Acquisition Manager to determine how acquisition efforts and spending are impacting LTV and vice versa.
- Develop A/B testing programs to maximize retention, time spent in the game, and LTV
- Influence development teams (platform and games) to implement features and/or designs that improve % monetizing, retention, time spent in the game, and LTV
Refer a Friend:
- Minimum of 1-3 years in-depth business intelligence, analytics, and statistics for free to play games—ideally mobile free to play games
- 1-3 years experience conducting analysis on monetization and retention
- Experience influencing engineering and/or software/game development teams
- Exceptional analytical skills including statistical analysis
- Manage fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on schedule and in budget
- Strong teamwork and influence skills up and across the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Experience building models and defining data needs
- Able to successfully manage large amounts of data simultaneously, balancing priorities and time constraints
- Business degree from a top school and/or an MBA or advanced statistics degree
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referralmachinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Machine Zone - 9 months ago
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play...