The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing data loading processes from multiple application systems into Enterprise Data Warehouse. The ETL Developer will work very closely with Business Analyst to Understand and apply business transformation rules and develop ETL process that are robust and perform at acceptable service levels. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of full life cycle of data warehouse implementation process from business requirements through logical modeling, physical database design, data sourcing and data transformation, data loading and performance tuning. The candidate must also have exposure to reporting tools.
- Perform detailed data analysis to understand the source system data.
- Participate in designing the data warehouse data model.
- Design high level ETL process and data flow from source system to EDW or other downstream systems.
- Develop source to target data mapping design document for ETL processes.
- Develop & unit test OWB or Informatica ETL processes for optimal performance.
- Develop & unit test Unix scripts for pre and post loading processes.
- Work on Performance tuning of ETL mappings.
- Coordinate ETL and database development work with offshore ETL/Report developers and conduct code reviews.
- Work closely with database administration and ensure the database is architected and designed to handle concurrent ETL and reporting query jobs.
- Provide production support.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience implementing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in ETL Development with strong hands on experience in developing complex ETL processes using Informatica Power Center or OWB.
- 5 years of experience with Oracle databases and strong SQL and PL/SQL knowledge.
- Good understanding of Data warehousing project life cycle, especially tasks within the ETL phase.
- Extensive experience in performance tuning ETL jobs and reporting queries.
- Knowledge of UNIX Shell scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to implement physical Star Schemas and scalable ETL processes.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task to meet critical deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with standard methodologies and best practices to generate high-quality, easily maintained, and efficient ETL processes and ETL tool configuration, strategy and execution.
- Must possess excellent ability to troubleshoot complex technical and non-technical problems.
- Must be a team player.
- Good communication skills and must have the ability to work with people in Cross functional teams.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects or enhancements.
- Must have demonstrated experience to work with little or no guidance on complex projects.
- Oracle OBIEE 10g/11g experience. OBIEE experience is a plus.
- Less than 10 % travel.
NETGEAR - 22 months ago