The Business Systems Analyst will work with Mi.Net customers to define system integration requirements between Mi.Host and utility systems such as Customer Information, Outage Management, Geographic Information and Customer Portals, write integration requirements documents for software developers, work with Quality Assurance team on testing and project acceptance, advise utilities on software implementation, product roll-out and marketing plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with utilities and 3rd party vendors to define system requirements.
- Write requirements documents for software developers.
- Advise utilities on software implementation and roll-out.
- Provide user level testing of integration functions.
Education – BS in computer science, information systems or other technical discipline.
Experience – 5 years or more as a systems or business analyst with direct customer experience.
Ability to travel up to 25%
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
INTERNAL KEY RELATIONSHIPS – Interacts with Field Operations team onsite at customers. Develops documents for software developers and explains integration requirements. Works with Software Quality team on test case and project validation/acceptance.
- Knowledge of computer systems and databases.
- Network and server infrastructure knowledge.
- Utility experience and working knowledge of a variety of customer information systems.
- Excellent customer and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of utility software systems required.
- Ability to generalize concepts to establish reusable processes, procedures and documents.
- Experience with integrating complex business systems in SAS environment.
- Experience with Scrum a plus.
EXTERNAL KEY REALTIONSHIPS – This position has a critical customer facing role. Excellent communication and customer skills are required. The position interacts with 3rd party vendors particularly utility billing companies
Mueller Systems - 18 months ago
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...