Under minimal supervision, the Cad Technician Sr prepares layouts and component drawings, and designs according to engineering specifications.
- Maintain quality, accuracy and completeness independently.
- Investigate and procure all data required to develop a design for a specific seal application.
- Make technical recommendations and/or seal identifications and conversions to customers.
- Assign drawing and ECN #’s using DIANA.
- Analyze design and confer with engineering to resolve details not completely defined.
- Use CSM to search for existing parts and EBOM’s and create a new part number if necessary.
- Display final drawing on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Perform routine calculations and prepares bills of materials using data furnished by engineering.
- Make seal recommendations with hardware selection.
- Provide engineering information and support to sales personnel and customers.
- Train, check and direct preparation of drawings by other personnel with less experience, as required.
- Inspect incoming parts to verify critical dimensions match component drawings, as requried.
- Use DM-Desktop to check drawing in and out of the system.
- Distribute final drawings to Sales Rep., inside sales and/or customer.
- May be required to move, raise and lower material weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon individual branch requirements.
MINIMUM REQURIEMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Associates Degree in CAD or equivalent plus some technical knowledge of drafting. Must have three to four years computer-assisted equipment experience and Windows.