The Sr. Category Leader is responsible for leading the identification, establishment and optimization of sourcing strategies for market facing spend categories within PDD on a global basis.
Through the application of rigorous Category Management tools, systems and techniques, the Sr Category Leader will deliver material and measurable business value (operational & financial). The role will lead high complexity sourcing projects which are strategic in nature: high complexity may mean immature supply base, previously un-sourced high $ and/or risk categories, global and/or cross functional in nature, may cross multiple Takeda divisions and entities, non commoditized activities, lead make/buy and competitive advantage discussions to drive robust data driven decision making.
The level of materiality of deal size is $100m + with the expectation to deliver on multi-million dollar savings targets.
In collaboration with GSO Leadership and Business Stakeholders the role will lead the development and implementation of formalized Category Management structures & methods plus ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management structures are implemented effectively; the objective of which is to ensure delivery and continuous improvement within sourcing strategies to achieve value contribution targets.
Identification of financial and operational value contribution opportunities ($ Savings / Productivity / Risk Mgmt) using external supply market / business intelligence, application of benchmarking methodologies and internal business partner knowledge.
Lead the development, evaluation and execution of Sourcing Strategies for products and services procured by Takeda, PDD on a global basis. Strategies developed will be scalable and aligned appropriately across Takeda Operating Companies & Divisions.
Lead cross functional global teams through the 6 stages of Category Management: Opportunity Analysis, Project Team Formation, Data Gathering/Analysis, Strategy Development, Implementation, and Supplier Relationship Management & Continuous Improvement.
Ensure delivery of and report Value Contribution targets (operational metrics / savings) from implemented sourcing strategies.
Ensure alignment of Takeda’s category business requirements with best-fit / best-in-class suppliers (either through a formal category management initiative or by supporting ad hoc requests) that offer a measurable value proposition to support the business need.
- Estimate sourcing savings targets
- Determine category Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and set goals
- Oversee and report out on category and supplier performance against goals
- Manage contract compliance and measure against KPIs
Direct non-category project initiatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Develop strong working relationships with PDD leaders, Takeda’s Procurement Groups and General/Administrative functions such as Finance, IS, HR, Legal, Privacy, Compliance to ensure appropriate inputs to sourcing strategies and implementation plans
- Drive the global development and standardization of core category management infrastructure (Processes / Systems / Tools) to improve GSO efficiency, performance and compliance
- Train, and mentor GSO staff and Sourcing team members worldwide
- Life Science degree and/or business degree
- 10+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing methodologies
- 10+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry
- Demonstrated success leading global cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories
- Documented experience leading cost reduction and value improvement programs
- Proven Financial and Business Acumen (TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
- Outstanding communication, project leadership and management capabilities
- Able to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Possesses change management and process improvement skills with direct experience of delivering complex business process/organizational change
- Strategic thinker with solid facilitation supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (communication, leadership, influencing)
- Demonstrated contracting competence across a range of complex contract structures (e.g. BPO, Outcome based, FSP, Full Service)
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Able to lead and manage effectively in a global, fluid, interactive, matrix environment
- Skilled and experienced in project and risk management
- Knowledgeable in offshore operating environments with experience of Captive, Build Operate Transfer, Managed Service, Functional & Full Service concepts
- 10+ years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience including sourcing of goods & services. Broad exposure to multiple categories (direct & indirect), contract negotiations and supplier management programs
- Documented international strategic sourcing experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
- Any Professional Purchasing, Project Management, or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Expert user Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. e-sourcing, PO) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Experience with enterprise systems and procurement tools such as Ariba, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings / Takeda/Supplier sites – limited overnight. International travel may be required (1 or 2 times a year.)
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 17 months ago