Responsible for strategic planning and ongoing management/renewal of key WDS corporate accounts. The Senior Client Manager works closely with brokers, consultants, third party administrators and account benefit decision makers to ensure satisfaction with Washington Dental Service programs and service. The Senior Client Manager will also be responsible for monitoring the market place in the large group segment and work with internal staff to ensure our products and services meet these needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for strategic planning and ongoing management of key accounts.
· Responsible for service/support/renewal activities.
· Responsible for monitoring the needs of the large group segment and ensure our products and services meet these needs.
· Achieve persistency goal for book of business.
· Complete annual strategic plans for book of business.
· Acts as the group link to WDS cross-functional teams/task forces and key WDS leadership staff as needed.
· Manage clients with FFS, PPO and Managed Care programs, both on a local and national level. Develop and maintain account business relationships at multiple levels within the account.
· Understand and effectively manage various program needs. Facilitate problem solving meetings for accounts.
· Regular communication and coordination on service issues with Account Coordinator assigned to this book of business.
· Lead RFP process and prepare official response for designated accounts.
· Maintain group data related to contacts, activities, and changes in contact management program.
· Work closely with TPA or other vendor partners of our clients to facilitate smooth transitions and/or accomplishments of client goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to travel within the continental U.S.
Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in large healthcare account management on a national level a strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals using PC skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to effectively facilitate cross functional team members to develop processes needed to implement programs or solve problems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Moderate level of analytical skills required with respect to data analysis and interpretation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OIC Health and Disability License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Washington Dental Service - 8 months ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...