Responsible for the editorial development and production of a wide range of HR communications projects and campaigns in support of the company’s communication strategies and business objectives and in alignment with the HR Communication system. In collaboration with functional and team leaders, edits, creates and releases communications and maintains content on eNet to articulate what it means to work at EmblemHealth and what employees can expect in return, focusing on the opportunities offered through HR programs, tools and initiatives including those in Compensation, Benefits, Retirement, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Information Services and Labor Relations (e.g. Open Enrollment, Performance Management, Pension, etc.).
• Manages all aspects of HR communications and development processes, from concept to draft, edtorial to production and distribution. Consults and provides guidance on design and vehicles utilized to release HR communications.
• Responsible for gathering, editing/writing, organizing, planning timelines and releasing communication materials on behalf of HR. Includes coordination of monthly communications calendar, coordination/design of electronic content (eNet/email) and print (including layout, and graphics) material with Marketing & Communications, ensuring information is clear, accurate and issued in a timely manner, in alignment with the HR Communication system and evaluating the effectiveness of communications.
• Responsible for analyzing communication needs (audience, behavior, content, design) based on analysis of HR metrics/dashboards and function/team leaders input and producing communication strategies, products, programs and vehicles that are cost-effective and timely. Responsible for evaluating effectiveness of communications.
• Assist in writing and refining Human Resource Policies and Procedures and other material for employees as needed. Determine relevance of general information to keep documentation current. Keep abreast of overall department and/or company action, activities and projects, as well as industry news as well.
• Set and maintain accountabilities for a submission, review and deadline schedules with business partners, to ensure projects are completed according to established timeline and complex schedules. Establish HR Communications metrics to ensure effectiveness, quality and efficiency of process.
• Prepare writing materials and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate format while executing all projects plans within deadlines. Ensures that the materials are also audience appropriate and culturally competent.
• Follows all corporate operational processes, procedures and branding guidelines.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Position Success Criteria:
• Strong, demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong time management skills and ability to set priorities in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in fast paced environment
• Works and writes well and accurately under pressure; delivers to deadlines – all the time
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers
• Excellent research, interpretive, writing, editing, proofreading, presentation and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to make sound business judgment and anticipate needs
Ability to work within a matrix organization to get things done
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, marketing or a health-related field
• Five years of related experience, preferably in the HR or internal communication field
• Expertise in electronic as well as print communications
• Proficient in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
• Familiarity with html, web editing, graphic design an advantage
EmblemHealth - 10 months ago
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...