As a key member of the Total Rewards Center of Excellence team, the incumbent ensures all compensation plans and programs align with the organization’s key objectives and initiatives while sustaining competitiveness in the marketplace. Incumbent will manage all activities related to compensation including the assessment, process design, implementation, maintenance, and communication of all hourly and salaried programs, all incentive plans, including all administrative rules and related policy compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze and manage the development of all hourly and salaried compensation and incentive programs and policies; Cross-functional leader of the implementation of such activities including establishing project plans plus the design and execution of communications.
Provide consultation and service to Management and HR Business Partners regarding market trends, position, classifications, and application of compensation programs, policies, and guidelines.
Conduct position evaluations; work with HR Business Partners and Management to understand and define the role; conduct position analysis interviews with various department leaders to create accurate position descriptions; develop and maintain position description database.
Determine market data resources; analyze survey data during the annual compensation update process to identify issues, make recommendations to Management; ensure all decisions are executed and communicated fully.
Develop appropriate market based pricing system of positions to ensure equity and competitiveness. Ensure HR Business Partners are informed and aligned on methodology.
Annually evaluate effectiveness of current structures and determine plan modifications necessary to incent behavior in support of strategic objectives; l ead the process for Annual Compensation Review (ACR), pay and step structure, location differentials, and other processes as necessary.
Manage the administration of all Compensation and Incentive Plans and improve the efficiency of administration by automating processes wherever possible. All Plans must have documented administrative rules.
Develop and deliver communications for maximum understanding, appreciation and motivation; audience will range from front line employee to senior management, including the CEO.
Provide on-going consulting support to HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and Management on change actions such as promotions, adjustments, and new hire offers.
The Sr. Compensation Analyst must perform the essential duties and responsibilities in a highly effective manner. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties.
- Exceptional process and project leadership skills that are demonstrated by achieving desired results through others, and building effective compensation systems via processes that align with the business objectives.
- Proven strategic, analytical, and tactical skills. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Comprehensive business process and systems knowledge and the ability to identify and implement best practices.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical understanding and knowledge of executive compensation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Masters degree in related field and/or CCP is a plus.
- 5-8 years of increasing responsibility within compensation roles; demonstrated HRIS experience; some related experience within the manufacturing industry preferred. Benefits and Payroll experience a plus.
- Experience with process improvement techniques as it pertains to all aspects of the business. Strong preference for experience with all aspects of the compensation process.
- Proven analytical, project management and systems background. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization, including Senior Management.
The physical demands required in this position are those that are typical of a management office environment. Although travel is infrequent, the ability to travel by automobile, airplane or other transportation is necessary, and such travel may entail long distances.
The primary work environment for this position is typical of an office work environment; it will require the periodic presence in a manufacturing environment in which appropriate personal protective equipment is prescribed and must be used.
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...