Position Summary: Ensure that Heartland and its merchants are compliant with payment industry regulations, sponsor bank requirements, and laws impacting our business. Provide operational support to external and internal clients
- Assist with the development and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Answer questions from internal departments and clients via email and telephone
- Cross train with and serve as backup for compliance team members
- Decipher publications for impact and disseminate, by providing a summary of potential impacts, to Heartland personnel including management, sales, and/or marketing
- Develop and distribute merchant correspondence pertaining to compliance related issues
- Handle day-to-day issues, reporting, and research within the department
- Investigate violations and correspond with card brand, sales reps and/or merchants regarding proper procedures
- Maintain knowledge of card brand rules and regulations. Serve as liaison between card brands, vendors, processors and staff to resolve issues, problems or concerns.
- Take ownership of issues, research the root cause, and see issues through to successful resolution
- Special projects as assigned
Work is performed in normal office environment. Travel may be required.
- Education: A college degree or a combination of formal training and relevant experience
- Experience: Three to five years of bankcard industry experience dealing with associations, merchants, and/or vendors preferred
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge and understanding of the bankcard industry as a whole. Working knowledge of industry rules and regulations
- Skills/Aptitudes: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong computer skills; analytical skills; experience in preparing and delivering presentations, must have the ability to interact professionally within a diverse group of contributors including executives, managers, and subject matter experts; ability to work independently with little supervision; strong organizational skills; detail oriented; problem solving with the ability to interpret data based on established criteria; proficient with Microsoft Office suite; display leadership skills and lead by example; effective multi-tasking; firm grasp of business writing, drafting, and communication standards
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required
Heartland Payment Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems - 7 months ago
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...