This position will support the Institutional Services Contract (ISC) located at Kennedy Space Center, FL.
- Perform wide-ranging assignments as required to produce maps, complex electronic detailed drawings, and other engineering documentation in a variety of disciplines (i.e. mechanical, electrical, architectural, civil, etc).
- Ability to produce drawing files that are in compliance with industry and contract CAD standards and policies.
- Determine the best method to produce drawings and documentation from a variety of sources including sketches, notes, surveys, field investigations, and/or examination of similar work.
- Research and develop minor designs based on personal knowledge and experience and/or working under guidance of the engineering team.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to others in the planning, scheduling, and processing of work and in the use of electronic hardware and software to produce drawings and documentation.
- Able to work from an engineer's general verbal instructions and prepare sketches and notes using CAD and BIM equipment.
- Develop or revise intricate and complex drawings, diagrams, and layouts for single or multi-disciplinary engineering construction, fabrication, or installation purposes.
- Determine the need for, request, or perform field investigations when appropriate to obtain the information required to develop or integrate design projects.
- Calculate and lay out dimensions, angles, and curvature of parts, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics. Devise improved techniques and obtain required approvals for implementation.
- Determine materials to be used and appropriately illustrate and annotate on drawing, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices, building materials, and manufacturing technology in a variety of disciplines and project environments.
- Depict the orientation and relationship of one part to another as well as the relationship of various parts to the entire structure or project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices, building materials, manufacturing technology, and related physical sciences.
- Determine the most effective and functionally appropriate presentation that is adequate for the intended use. Run check prints on plotter for engineering review/approval prior to final drawings. Modify drawings as instructed. Ensure accuracy and compliance of organizational standards. Ensure integrity of drawing configuration through effective controls and file management. Retrieve original CAD drawings. Review and revise as-built drawings as indicated.
- Develop and adhere to general guidelines for transferring and converting electronic drawings from one format to another.
- At least 8 years experience.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation software.
- Basic mathematics skills and the specialized applications ability to read, analyze, and interpret written English and SI.
- Solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Organized, possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with a high degree of self-directed independence.
- Associates degree, or equivalent experience in a specified discipline such as drafting.
- 4 year degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- 3D modeling experience using AutoCAD, Microstation, Google SketchUp, SolidWorks, Pro-E or equivelant.
- Familiarity and experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Sample of work.
Consolidated Safety Services - 17 months ago