Primary Objective: Manage and supervise construction projects in assigned areas including; oilfield roads, pipelines, facilities, drilling locations, and impoundments.
Major Functions and Scope:
Education and Knowledge: HS diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years progressive work experience in oil and gas operations. Valid state driver’s license required.
- Oversees the construction and restoration of one or more of the following construction projects; pipelines, drilling locations, impoundments, facilities and oilfield roads.
- Coordinates field phases of project development with engineering, land, drilling and production departments.
- Determines, orders and schedules services, parts, materials, and operates within budget and schedule constraints.
- Ability to supervise several construction projects at the same time.
- Coordinates with Land and Regulatory teams for various phases of project development and ensures that all required permits and agreements associated with construction work have been received before construction starts.
- Provides supervision and ensures strict adherence to all EXCO Environmental, Health and Safety standards and policies.
- Coordinates survey crew(s) to ensure pipelines, roads, drilling and locations are appropriately marked and permit applications are complete. Coordinates other services including inspection and NDT.
- Supervises construction projects and construction contractors; including conducting inspections of construction sites, facilities, pipelines and impoundments to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met and monitors project progress. Prepares project status reports, plans and recommends schedule changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by study and establishing personal networks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience: 5 years supervisory experience in oil and gas field construction.
Competencies: Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with all levels and treat all persons with respect. Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to deviate from established procedures when special problems or opportunities arise. Developed knowledge of risk management and safety requirements affecting oil and gas construction and production. Must be detail oriented. Strong mechanical aptitude. Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills. Knowledge of budgeting and expense control. High degree of initiative and independent judgement. Computer skills; spreadsheet software capabilities. Ability to travel to various work site locations and occasionally to other offices. Requires availability for overtime hours during peak periods. Twenty-four hour on-call responsibilities.