Posting Job Title: Sr. Coordinator, Construction
Requisition #: 143924BR
Posting Location: Hilton Head, SC, US
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable's East Region Construction Department currently seeks a Senior Construction Coordinator in Hilton Head, SC location. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for all phases of cable construction projects in a manner consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality work standards, customer needs, and applicable local, state and federal regulations. The Construction Coordinator will report on the status of construction projects and serve as the primary point of contact for vendors, project personnel, local and state government agencies and utility companies.
- Project assignments will include fiber network planning and construction for both residential and commercial construction projects. Project complexities may range from short and long term construction projects with associated timelines or multi phased schedules, including residential and multi dwelling projects, joint trench, commercial construction, forced relocations, node splits, upgrades, etc. as well as Serviceability's, small plant extensions, cable replacements, apartment rewires, plant repairs, power supply replacements/upgrades, etc.
- Completes field serviceability and site survey requests including cost estimates and submission of estimate to payer for reimbursement if applicable.
- Design and documentation of Residential and Commercial fiber networks.
- Wavelength management
- Prepare and complete various construction related paperwork and permits. This may includes: interstate crossing permits, railroad crossing permits, pole attachment permits, strand map information, system designs, and purchase authorizations, in addition to various weekly and monthly construction reports.
- Verify easements and obtain right-of-way agreements as applicable with system new build or rebuild.
- Monitor actual material and labor spending against Project Authorizations and ensure accuracy of and approval of contractor invoices.
- Partners with design center, various sales associates, building owners, developers, local and state municipalities regarding projects.
- Represent TWC at pre construction and planning meetings.
- Prepares and completes any necessary weekly/monthly and field operation reports.
- Works with technical operations regarding system acceptance guidelines and associated paperwork.
- Authorize vendor invoices for materials and approved construction extensions.
- Coordinate the construction activity with the contractor, ensuring all construction specifications, and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Report all unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries in compliance with Time Warner procedures and FCC and OSHA regulations.
- Assisting Manager and Supervisor in performing the duties of the supervisor in the absence of the supervisor
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in all areas of construction and cable-plant and specialized knowledge in some.
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) in Business, Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years related field experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA, FCC and TWC regulations and specifications, supervision and office procedures.
- Understanding of cable plant, radio procedures, basic mathematics, and city and county map reading.
- Knowledge of commercial fiber networks including CBTH and Metro E networks
- Working knowledge of all aspects of fiber network construction, splicing, testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of aerial and underground engineering/construction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of fiber optic engineering, construction, and splicing procedures.
- Understanding of OTDR, Fusion Splicer, Meters and Analyzers
- Ability to organize and control inventories.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Requires completion of level II training and twelve months at level II and on job performance.
- Requires completion of level III training and twenty-four months at level III and on job performance
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer, business, and personnel data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 3752 - South Carolina
Controlling Establishment ID: 00141 - West Columbia 3347 Platt Sprgs
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago