Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail real estate in the country’s best markets. Built upon foundations of opportunity, we take a disciplined approach to every aspect of commercial retail real estate. Whether it's redevelopment, property management, or acquisitions, we make sound, strategic decisions based on solid demographics, broad experience, and stable resources. This has led to a high quality portfolio of assets. We turn commercial real estate into exciting destination retail centers that suit their exceptional locations.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is sourcing for a Senior Corporate Accountant. The successful candidate will function as a key member of the Corporate Accounting team reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting & Reporting. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, analytical, extremely organized, proficient in excel, and able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This individual must be able to successfully juggle several tasks at one time and display a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Perform and document financial statement reviews of current and prospective tenants including ongoing monitoring of tenant credit ratings and financial strength
- Prepare quarterly distribution calculations and financial statement packages for shopping centers that are owned with outside partners.
- Prepare corporate quarterly and annual debt covenant calculations.
- Prepare the quarterly leasing commission calculations for each leasing agent. On an annual basis, update the leasing commission rates.
- Assist with SEC reporting including financial statement & footnote preparation and XBRL tagging and review.
- Prepare various analysis for internal financial reporting.
- Perform actual to forecast variance analysis on a monthly basis.
- Review quarterly straight-line rent reserve calculations.
- Prepare accounting for investments in various restaurant partnerships.
- Review G&A accounts on a monthly basis for appropriate coding, accruals, and actual to budget fluctuations.
- Review annual G&A budgets and update quarterly G&A forecast.
- Review credit rating agency reports for accuracy and prepare information for agencies as necessary.
- Assist with monthly close process.
- Perform specific projects as requested by the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years corporate accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of financial statements.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Able to demonstrate High Intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience with CTI accounting software a plus.
In 2012, Federal Realty celebrated 50 years of being a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality retail...