We are currently seeking a Sr. Cost Engineer to work in Manhattan, NY. This is a full time opportunity working on a large, high profile project.
Minimum of 10 years of combined field and office cost control experience involving large-scale projects, preferably in New York City. The candidate must have the ability to work in a matrix-type environment, must be a self-starter, extensive experience developing and maintaining budgets for large public-works programs.
-Proficiency in cost control/cost management methods and applications including earned value analysis and cost forecasting -Ability to interface with clients and participate in business development initiatives.
- Experience with multiple stakeholder/funding sources is required;
- Experience with ETA cost accrual and tracking procedures are a plus, as are cost estimating and scheduling experience.
- Knowledge of Contract Manager, P6 and/or Cognos dB are a major 'plus'.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and interpersonal skills to deal with a high pressure environment.
- Experience with cash flow analysis, tracking of budgets, and cost allocation
The position requirements include participation in the project change management system, interface with scheduling and estimating, interface with the Construction Manager, reporting to PA Project/Program Management, and interface with Program Finance Procurement Groups.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field is required. Engineering Degree Highly Preferred.
-Candidates with advanced degrees or professional certifications and accreditations in Cost Control and related fields are preferred.
- Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) a plus.
-Expert ability and use of Microsoft Office Suite primarily Excel.
Hill International, Inc - 15 months ago