The role of the Sr. Cost Planner II is to provide leadership in the pre-construction phase of projects to ensure success. The Senior Construction Estimator will plan, coordinate, and supervise estimating functions as directed within the Cost Planning department, providing technical and administrative direction to ensure that corporate objectives are met.
The major responsibilities include:
Implement, update and create (as needed) department estimating standards and practices.
Pre-construction deliverable quality.
Customer interaction and leadership.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Maintain positive customer relationships.
2. Ensure that potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management within the office.
3. Implement all policies and processes of the company and offices.
4. Make recommendations to the Cost Planning Director concerning improvements to policies and procedures.
5. Assist the Cost Planning Director in the development of long range goals, objectives and strategies for the estimating functions.
6. Monitor and advise on the work and progress of subordinates.
7. Recognize and be responsible for the training and development of subordinates and new hires.
8. Manage and administer department functions including work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
9. Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to pursue, strategies, techniques, etc.
10. Review all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission.
11. Manage value analysis and constructability reviews.
12. Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients. May be responsible for closing "sale."
13. Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
14. Ability to prepare and manage preconstruction schedules and preliminary construction schedules.
15. Work with the BIM/IPD team to review and improve cost estimating and constructability from 3D model data.
16. Mentor and develop skills of staff. Take an active role in the performance management process to develop and mentor subordinates towards a successful career in the company.
Lend Lease - 23 months ago
At Lend Lease, we work with communities, clients and our colleagues to create positive legacies from funding a project right through to...