The Senior Counsel position reports to the Associate General Counsel-Strategic Transactions
- Provide legal counseling to Shop Your Way team;
- Monitor terms and conditions of the overall SYWRewards program
- Structure, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Provide practical legal advice that furthers business objectives.
- Identify risks inherent in contract terms and develop solutions to complex problems that mitigate risk and promote successful contract execution.
- Manage legal risks and assist in managing business risks and resolving pre-litigation disputes.
- Counsel and conduct training for business team
- Review SYWR emails, coupons, social media and texting offers to members and all other relevant marketing collateral
- Day to day counseling on marketing offers, social media, and SMS texting
- Review all promotions and sweepstakes
- Counsel on sweepstakes
- Draft SYWR inter-company retail agreements and national, regional, and local/small-business external Retail Establishment agreements
- Draft and revise Member facing program Terms and conditions
- Counsels business teams on legal and compliance matters relating to loyalty program issues
- Directs and conducts legal due diligence efforts
- Manages legal and business risks
- Experience with loyalty programs
- Experience with marketing issues
- Experience with contract negotiations and drafting
- Experience with privacy law and policy
- Experience with state and federal deceptive trade practice law and regulation
- Experience with SMS texting
- Strong analytical skills
- Judgment, including ability to determine appropriate allocation of limited resources among competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of customer loyalty programs
- Ability to work independently as a legal project leader
- Experience working effectively with senior level management
- Ability quickly and accurately to recognize areas of risk/opportunity
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Works well on both legal and business teams
- Asks "why" at the right times and knows how to develop the answer
- Combination of advertising and trade practice, 5 – 10 years. In-house experience in a consumer branded business is highly desirable
- Demonstrated exceptional achievement
Sears - 21 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...