Title: Sr. Credit & Collections Representative
Reports to: Manager-Accounts Receivable
Work Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Maintain days beyond terms (D.B.T.) and delinquency in accordance with company, department, and individual objectives through the application of risk management principles including but not limited to; credit investigation, collection techniques, and the setting and management of appropriate credit limits. Demonstrate application of advanced skills in collections, negotiations, credit law, bankruptcy, and financial statement analysis.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Reduce and maintain D.B.T. and delinquency on assigned accounts at an acceptable level, consistent with company, department, and individual objectives through consistent and effective collection contact. This must be accomplished in a manner that maximizes revenue and minimizes bad debt expense/exposure, while maintaining excellent customer and sales force relationships through effective communication skills. Demonstrate ability to appropriately determine when outside collection assistance is required.
- Investigate and resolve customer disputes and inquiries in a timely manner, which often involves collaboration and coordination with other functional areas, including the sales team, in a manner that provides prompt service to the customer.
- Effectively navigate through customer managed websites, to conduct investigations and reconcile invoice discrepancies. Maintain knowledge of electronic commerce standards.
- Communicate effectively with large retail account customer contacts in varying department and management levels.
- Conduct credit investigation on new and marginal accounts. Assign and maintain appropriate credit limits that are consistent with the customer’s financial position, and that balance the need to maintain delinquency control with the need to prevent unnecessary credit hold flags on orders. This may involve completing a financial analysis to determine potential bad debt risk.
- Review and manage orders on hold to determine disposition, with a particular eye towards production and shipping deadlines and customer expectations.
- Review, present and discuss options, and coordinate collection issues with sales management and sales representatives in an effort to maintain an open account basis with customers.
- Initiate and provide leadership with departmental and cross-functional personnel in process improvements, training, and initiatives. Provide leadership to other collections personnel on financial statement analysis, effective collection techniques, and how to overcome obstacles to problem resolution.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
Minimum Education and Experience Required :
- Demonstrated ability working with minimal supervision and exercising judgment in developing and implementing strategies for results
- Solid understanding of credit & collections policies, procedures & strategies related to business customers
- Proven ability to read, interpret and understand credit reports
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- Demonstrated analytical and reconciliation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor conversations with customer contacts of varying management levels and company size
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Ability to multi-task; while providing high attention to details
- Proven knowledge and application of current accounting practices and good math skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Proficient in the use of ERP A/R software
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow through skills
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
Preferred Qualifications :
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field with a minimum of five (5) years commercial credit and collections experience; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Advanced education and proven experience in financial statement analysis, bankruptcy, credit & contract law and negotiation
- Previous utilization of ERP system
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business strongly preferred
- Previous utilization of SAP extremely helpful
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with large retailers
- CBA or CBF certification
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and reponsibilities to this job at any time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- General office environment
Milestone AV Technologies - 19 months ago