Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG1698
Job Title: Sr. DSP Software Engineer
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
State / Province: Utah
Country: United States Exempt
Job Description: Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
This is a senior engineering position responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting Digital Signal processing algorithms and software.
- Provides technical leadership and expertise to others within the Engineering department.
- Plans projects prior to writing code.
- Use Agile Scrum Methodology for software development.
- Designs, writes and debugs code in assembly, C or C++ for running on embedded DSP processors, as well as PC and Mac platforms.
- Develops PC tools for building coefficient tables, controlling embedded processors, etc…
- Adequately comments all code.
- Has all code changes peer reviewed, and must peer review code when required.
- Provides input for documentation of new or existing algorithms.
- Performs technical research, monitors current trends and changes in technology.
- Interfaces with all departments within company.
- Demonstrates industry knowledge to assist in new product development.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related area, and five plus years related experience or equivalency.
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with DSP principles and the ability to apply them. (FFT, Z-transform, bilinear transform, etc…)
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency programming in assembly, C, and/or C++.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management and employees.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and effectively document code.
- Ability to program in assembly, C and C++ programming languages.
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with audio signal processing concepts and products.
- Experience using Matlab to model and prototype algorithms.
- Willingness to work in an office in Sandy,Utah
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
- Willingness to travel periodically
- Willingness to work over 40 hours a week as required.
- 2 years ago - save job
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including...