Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
This position is responsible for the analysis of conceptual and physical requirements and from this analysis creates a logical and physical data model that is third normal form. Data Modeler should possess excellent skills in data modeling, communication, and documentation. This position will work with the Project Manager, technical lead, and business analysts to create and maintain a properly formed data model. The candidate should be experienced with providing impact analysis of changes to the data model once completed. He/she should be able to write the corresponding scripts to migrate data from one version of the database to the next based on changes approved and implemented per version.
- Performing data research, analysis, conceptual and logical data modeling to validate and document the usage of business data artifacts
- Working very closely with clients, business analysts, applications development staff, project managers
- Constructing metadata repository as per IT standards
- Working in a team environment and collaborating closely with Process and Data Architects in working with multiple domain project teams and subject matter experts
- Developing and documenting data model elements according to established standards and guidelines as necessary for delivering models.
- A proven track record of delivery of enterprise-wide data architecture initiatives
- 8+ years of experience as an IT consultant as a data modeler
- At least 5 years of experience with data quality initiatives including methodology, approach and tool support.
- Strong understanding of the data modeling techniques, data architecture tools and their use
- In-depth understanding of the data warehousing life and data modeling concepts (e.g., dimensional, etc.)
- Experience in proving data modeling / development support for a variety of assignments and have a quick grasp of new business environments
- Independent with strong initiative, but also an enthusiastic team player.
Multi-year experience using data modeling tools, such as ERWIN by Computer Associates.
Additional Notes: Applicant selected will be required to hold, or obtain, and maintain a DHS/TSA EOD suitability clearance.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.