This position will provide database administration in support of the University's academic and business systems including the Oracle Financials suite of applications. Duties include supporting Oracle Financial Applications, the installation, configuration and maintenance of databases; logical and physical database design; database performance monitoring, tuning, patching and troubleshooting; database backup and recovery
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: 4 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator including 1 to 2 years of experience as an Oracle Applications Database Administrator.
- Skills: Working knowledge of Oracle Financial Application E-Business Suite technology. Thorough understanding of and ability to troubleshoot complex database, infrastructure and performance problems. Ability to program in SQL. Proven ability to lead technical projects. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Physical Mobility: Able to sit and work from a computer monitor for long periods of time. May have to travel to campus or other locations
- Environmental Conditions: usual office setting
- Mental: Ability to work under pressure, pay attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines and deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure.
- Other: Evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines
- Education: Master's degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience: 2 or more years as an Oracle Applications database administrator. Experience upgrading Oracle Financial applications. Experience working with developers and functional team members in support of Oracle Financials version 11i or R12. 5 or more years of progressive experience supporting large scale Oracle databases, running on UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms in support of enterprise applications. Prior experience utilizing Oracle’s Grid Control, RMAN, Data Guard and Single Sign-on products. Experience with MS-SQL, MYSQL and Ingres databases and related technologies a plus.
- Skills: thorough understanding and ability to troubleshoot complex multi-tier architectures; Experience with ERP Applications Data Warehousing applications and Ingres RDBMS
Regular Full Time
DATABASE & INFRASTRUCTURE (COMP SVCS)
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Carnegie Mellon University - 11 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...