The Senior Delivery Manager is a senior marketing research professional associated with the Operations Client Services Team at Research Now and is responsible for maintaining client relationships in partnership with the Sales Account Development Team pre-sales. This role is the Client Services primary lead on the client account and focuses on directing all aspects of the delivery of marketing research products by leading and overseeing project execution teams that include Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Survey Programming, Data Processing, and Research Services as needed who are assembled for each phase of a client research study.
This is a consultative role that maintains a strategic view while remaining available to mentor and advise the project execution teams on a per project level. Further, the Senior Delivery Manager often takes an active role in pre-sales activities as needed to include being available to consult with sales and client on potential upcoming projects as well as preparing the delivery team for expectations on particular projects as they are submitted to the pipeline from sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Review and optimize quantitative research plans
- Responsible for portfolio of client accounts as a one-stop escalation point for all items relating to Client Services, Programming, Research Services, and Data Processing deliverables. Lead Client Services project execution teams on delivery of individual client projects.
- Develop high level understanding of client business and research objectives in order to add value by offering insightful recommendations to enhance client research initiatives.
- Collaborate with clients and Sales Account Development Team to understand and document specific project level marketing research objectives.
- Ensure communication with internal resources to execute client and project objectives.
- Work in partnership as needed with Research Services and Data Processing Teams to review appropriate research methodology and techniques for clients to help meet research needs and set appropriate expectations. This may include:
o Review and refine research questionnaires
o Coordinate external vendors for programming, coding, and tabulation
o Collaborate with client to construct tab & banner plans appropriate to meet client research needs
o Review data, produce turnkey topline summary reports, and work with clients to facilitate analytic outcome
- Respond to time sensitive client inquiries and resolve issues to include identifying potential threats to the success of a client’s project and work to resolve them in a team environment.
- Apply business and technical skills to troubleshoot as necessary.
- Ensure operational efficiency and consistency.
- Work with sales to support analysis for new business opportunities.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction with service, data application, and deliverables by managing client relationships and provide day-to-day tactical support together with Client Services project execution teams.
- Build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business.
- Ensures the client has a consistent experience with all projects and that any client specific project requirements are followed by each project team on every project.
Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Master’s degree preferred.
This may be substituted for 7+ years of specific marketing research experience.
Experience, Skills, & Knowledge Required:
Experience, Skills, & Knowledge Desired:
- Academic background in fundamental research techniques and analyses.
- A minimum of 3-5 years marketing research experience serving in a client-facing capacity with responsibility for research direction.
- Solid industry and client knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills, with solid knowledge of marketing research practices.
- Robust organizational and project management skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently to solve problems creatively and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS/SAS, Access.
- Strong analytic skillset.
- Customer service driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Understanding of the qualitative and quantitative research process.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures, as well as recommend operational improvements to increase process efficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple accounts with corresponding projects simultaneously and manage delivery teams to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to deal with a certain level of ambiguity and capability to obtain clarification.
- Comfort in collaborating with all levels of internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple groups/departments.
- Experienced in handling accounts with sophisticated client requirements.
- 5+ years of marketing research experience.
- Background in quantitative questionnaire design and technical design review.
- Prefer direct experience with survey programming, data processing, and/or data tabulation.
- Practical experience with a wide array of quantitative research methodologies including product development/concept testing, brand perception & loyalty, advertising, segmentation, volumetric forecasting, attitudinal/usage tracking, and customer satisfaction.
Research Now - 20 months ago
At Research Now, we have built our reputation on building relationships. Long lasting, mutually beneficial relationships. It is a philosophy...