uses industry experience to perform complex pipeline design work under minimal supervision of a higher level supervisor. Responsible for the coordination of multiple projects and executing the work through draftsman from multiple field offices and/or survey firms. Supports supervisor by defining project scopes, schedules, and cost estimates. The Sr. Design Draftsman positions at Access Midstream are ideally suited to successful candidates who seek a rapidly growing independent environment where he/she will play a key role in the company's growth. He/she should be a team player that enjoys working in a dynamic team environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain company CAD library and Drafting Standards under the direction of Coordinator – Design Drafting.
- Responsible for QA/QC procedures of drawings prepared by lower lever draftsman and/or survey firms to ensure quality deliverables.
- Follows corporate standard policies and procedures.
- Follows QA/QC procedures to meet the company’s quality expectations.
- Assist in development of formal drafting procedures, policies, and standards that satisfy regulatory requirements and follow industry suggested best practices.
- Manage time in a safe, predictable, and effective manner.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Access Midstream’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain open line of communication with survey leads to ensure all needs are met in a timely manner and proper format.
- Oversee or guide drawings and standards for pipeline construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education & Work Experience Required
- Must have an advanced understanding of standard drafting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of pipeline industry design practices and procedures is necessary.
- Must effectively work and communicate with all levels of co-workers.
- Must have advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate advanced computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access.
- Must have an advanced understanding of surveying practices and procedures.
- 10+ years of experience related to oil and gas industry.
- Prefer technical school with emphasis on drafting and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Training in computer programs such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Certified in BlueSky applications: AlignDB and/or Skyline.
Access Midstream Partners - 20 months ago
Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (ACMP) is a growth-oriented midstream natural gas services provider with operations focused on owning,...