Drive the design and execution of women's apparel in partnership with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Graphics, etc.).
Proactively seeks opportunities to ensure trend right, relevant product and achieve the financial goals of the category while supporting the brand.
Be a leader within the Design department, supports and participates in all applicable company wide initiatives.
Ability to conceptualize product from beginning to end.
Excellent knowledge of the Golf and Training women's business
Excellent knowledge on garment construction
Initiate and interpret new product concepts to meet the needs of our customers, resulting in sales and growth for the company.
Effectively communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences.
Utilize your extraordinary design skills and knowledge of materials, construction, technologies and manufacturing to create innovative designs.
Ability to create detailed drawing and specifications.
Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business to design a line that is relevant to the customer and reflects Oakley DNA.
Mentor, train & develop Assistant Designer. Delegate tasks, monitor progress, and provide feedback.
Extensive MAC based knowledge.
Strong knowledge of Illustrator and working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Photoshop.
Strong organizational skills.
- Requires 7 years + of Apparel Design experience with sports and/or lifestyle.
- Strong knowledge of the design process including trend, forecast, color, materials, styling, construction and fit.
- Excellent understanding of function and end use.
- Technical lifestyle background essential.
- Must be creative as well as technical in construction, materials and trim.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of technical design packages and apparel technologies.
Ability to travel up to 10% (both domestic & international).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent specializing in apparel design or related field.
Oakley - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Oakley sells so many sunglasses, it goggles the mind. The company makes and sells performance sunglasses and ski goggles for sports and...