Are you a Senior Desktop Support Analyst who enjoys providing high quality desktop, mobile device and applications support? Does the opportunity to work for one of country's premier law firms sound like the right move for you? Then read on…
About this role:
As a member of the Desktop Operations team in Silicon Valley, you will facilitate desktop service fulfillment requests, provide guidance and ”how to” information, assess requests for new services and features for potential fulfillment by existing services, restore PC Desktop and related technology services or service features to a satisfactory operational state, assess requests for new services and features for potential fulfillment by existing services and help improve the user experience.
You will focus on:
- Providing direct hands on support to users who are experiencing desktop operating system, connectivity and applications issues and providing complete follow-through to successful resolution.
- Performing hardware diagnostics and executing or coordinating repairs in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Providing 2nd level support for all software escalations from the helpdesk.
- Providing 2nd level support for all remote access calls escalated from the help desk (Citrix and VPN).
- Hardware procurement: including placing orders through online purchasing tools for specified vendors for PCs and hardware peripherals and management inventory of those items.
- Assessing the software compatibility with current operating system(s) and executing on the installation and maintenance of practice specific applications.
- Assisting and mentoring other team members on various technologies.
- Planning, scheduling and executing computer equipment installations, imaging, upgrades and replacement projects.
- Pro-actively assessing employee capacity by working with business administrators to ensure appropriate level of hardware inventory to meet business needs.
- Conducting research on computer products (trends in technology) in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluating cost benefit analysis of products and recommend hardware and installation products for purchase.
- Utilize and leverage current mechanisms to obtain feedback from end users. Analyze results of feedback from end users, make recommendations for support process improvement to senior management, and implement approved changes.
- Acting as a liaison between the other support groups within IT infrastructure to ensure proper communication regarding new user services and/or problems with existing user services is taking place.
- Collaborating with the IT Infrastructure team to perform occasional hands-on IT infrastructure hardware installation and maintenance.
- Effectively translating user requests, business needs and technical specifications into formal written documentation.
- Maintaining vendor relationship for contact/troubleshooting purposes serving as a liaison with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
To be successful you must have:
- Experience working with connectivity and application troubleshooting in a Citrix and VPN environment.
- A thorough understanding of desktop operating system environments and integration points with Microsoft Office and other legal applications.
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization and peers.
- Experience leading various desktop related projects.
- Basic network administrative experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles and experience operating within an IT function governed by ITIL processes. ITIL certification preferred.
- Five or more years knowledge and experience troubleshooting and working with Microsoft office word including legal specific applications add-ons, including document management experience and handheld technologies
- The ability to participate in firm wide, off-hours on-call rotation.
- The ability to lift and transport heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- The ability to frequently move across multiple floors and flights of stairs at times with computer equipment in tow.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Goodwin Procter LLP - 7 months ago
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...