Sr. Director, Communication (USA)-715028
- Conceptualizes, orchestrates, and executes against product and service marketing campaigns to include all aspects of communications and social/digital channels.
- Provide strategic counsel and work to develop public relations strategies and campaigns Capital One’s North American consumer lines of business, to include: U.S. Card, Capital One Canada, Auto Finance, Mortgage, Consumer Retail Banking and Online Banking.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the products, services and priorities of multiple lines of business
- Contributes significantly to strategy development and proposing innovative solutions/ideas to help address the needs of various business lines
- Leverage a broad-based knowledge of the external environment and key stakeholders (media, customers, activists, policymakers, community and industry influencers) to provide advice and counsel to enhance and protect the corporate reputation.
- Assist with crisis management efforts, with primary responsibility for consumer and customer channels and social media platforms
- Partner with customer service teams to address high visibility customer issues.
- Manage external agency support – monitoring progress against the overall work plan or strategy and budget
- Contribute to the ongoing development and execution of company social media strategy, policies and framework, to include paid, owned and earned initiatives
- Serve as company spokesperson on consumer issues as needed
- Lead team of communications professionals supporting individual lines of business – delegating appropriately and managing and guiding group efforts.
- Serve on Corporate Communications leadership team
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance, and related areas
- 10 years of public relations experience for a leading brand within financial services or packages/consumer goods industry, with emphasis on strategic planning, media relations and issues management
- 5 years of experience within the public relations industry and related knowledge of social media and online campaign experience
- 5 years of people management experience
- 10 years of experience acting in spokesperson capacity across all media channels (National, Local, and Digital)
- 10 years of solid issues management experience
- 10 years of experience in identifying and briefing senior management on matters relating to industry trends and challenges, public information, relationships with the news media, and potential impact of policy and product decisions
- 10 years of experience managing external interviews for senior executive officers, including national television, radio, global print/broadcast media, and all trade publications.
- Background in banking/financial services a plus
- Strong written / verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, and senior management, giving simplicity to a highly complex subject matter.
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities
- Creative, integrative problem-solving and structured thinking
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills
- Ability to manage pressure, meet deadlines and monitor and evaluate results.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Marketing and Communications
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-McLean-Northern VA-McLean Campus (19050)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...