Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Sr. Director, Organizational Development (OD) is a senior organizational generalist responsible for assessing organizational capacity and implementing integrated learning solutions that optimize individual and organizational performance. The Sr. Director will have proven leadership and creative experience in talent management, learning and training systems, executive and leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, career development and organizational development within a mission driven and values oriented organization
While the Sr. Director role is operationally focused on oversight and systems that support professional development of all Casey staff, the role also requires strategic experience and thinking. The Sr. Director will leverage internal and external resources and technologies to provide the optimum blend of learning solutions and incorporates the latest trends in performance, learning and development practices that will support achievement of Casey’s mission.
% of Time
Organizational Development Partner and Consultant :
· Supports a culture of continuous learning through effective internal partnerships, implementing communication strategies, utilization of data and metrics, developing employee recognition strategies and user friendly, practical learning systems, approaches and tools
· By partnering with organizational leaders, will lead and manage the work associated with orienting and providing critical training consultation to new staff. This will include coordination and interaction across work groups, and may involve partnerships with internal and external academics and experts.
· Recognizes and implements best practices in Organizational Development. Looks for data on results and proven success to evaluate best fits for Casey
· Facilitates and/or participates in talent assessment discussions to ensure the right people are in the right roles and provides expert consultation and coaching on talent development plans for individuals and for the larger organization. This may include being the liaison with academic programs and/or professional networks, being a member of interview panels for key roles within the organization, and with external consultants
· Works on projects, acts as committee member, and performs other duties as assigned.
Learning & Development System Administrator :
· Ensures systems are in place to identify and respond to current and emerging needs for learning and development throughout Casey. This includes managing the development and deployment of competent HR-OD resources, highly skilled in consulting, diagnosing, analyzing and responding to diverse learning needs.
· Oversees and manages the design, integration and implementation of organization-wide programs and program elements that include, but are not limited to, competencies, performance management and professional development programs, succession planning, career paths and job rotations, mentoring programs, and employee survey administration, analysis and action planning.
· Oversees the selection and optimized utilization of an appropriate suite of integrated technologies including, but not limited to, performance appraisals, professional development, and succession planning. Networks within and outside of the organization to secure content experts that can deliver quality training.
· Responsible for effective delivery and implementation of learning and development systems such as orientation of new employees, tuition assistance program, state and accreditation-required trainings, and systems to track skills and development of employees.
· Ensures that all learning and development products and services meet the highest quality standards and are in alignment with Casey’s core values of diversity and anti-racism, stewardship, innovation, and relationships.
Team Manager :
· Manages the day to day operations of the OD team as determined by the Managing Director.
· Provides leadership opportunities for HR/OD employees that enable growth and encourage leadership development with the position. Provides timely and relevant feedback to employees in an effective way.
· Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. Understands and adheres to code of ethics and practice for functional area. Ensures alignment with organizational values, goals, and directives in all work performed.
· Bachelor’s degree along with 10 years of professional HR / Organizational Development experience is required. A history of progressively increasing responsibility in Organizational Development or Training also required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Demonstrated experience managing professional staff that have organization wide advising and consultative responsibilities.
· Demonstrated experience in assessing, designing, implementing and managing training and development programs required. Experience and knowledge in child welfare and/or other social services is preferred.
· Experience in strategy development, leading and negotiating multiple competing priorities, contract negotiation and monitoring, interfacing with senior leaders and working in teams is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of and experience in adult learning principles, consulting, and coaching required.
· The ideal candidate possesses strong abilities in the areas of collaboration, cross-cultural and multi-cultural understanding, consultation, organizational processes and analytical, creative, and problem-solving systems thinking. A balance of assertiveness and diplomacy is critical as well as effective listening skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with multiple teams of professionals.
· Requires the ability to apply innovative interventions to an ever changing workplace environment. Must be able to apply known and used practices, as well as new and evolving methodologies, to the needs of Casey. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to be an initiator of solutions, and be creative, adaptable, and effective in the practical application of all OD practices and methodologies. Must have the ability to adapt and implement applicable best practices to Casey’s culture, strategy, and mission.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
· Up to 30% travel is required for meetings, field support, conferences, and events.